Well, the trees are nearly leafless here on the west coast of Canada and the days are short, dreary and rainy. I had to dig through my closet for some layers. A warm coat, a scarf a sweater. For some reason I love this time of year. I don’t mind the cold. And I might secretly like to have an excuse to stay inside sometimes.
I’ve put together a trio of shorter mixes using tracks that I’ve been listening to a lot lately. There are a range of moods, but all three mixes are similar in tone. There is a spooky mood that arrives with the autumn fog. I feel drawn in and explosive at the same time—more stripped down and yet buried under so many layers.
Part One takes off on a runway made of pins and needles.
- Caribou “Jamelia” (DJ Koze’s Alarmclock Remix)
- The XX “VCR” (Four Tet Remix)
- Maya Jane Coles “Don’t Tell Me”
- SP “Never Stop the Action”
- Kenton Slash Demon “Matter” (Runaway Remix)
- Aera “Elevator Pitch”
- DJ Kaos “Horny Morning Loop” (Till Von Sein and Aera Monday Morning Acid Dub)
- Tim Xavier and Insideout “Girl on Fire”
- Pantha Du Prince “Stick to My Side” (Efdemin Version)
Jim, ..again, …you are always spinning the freshest …I know Im a month late, ..but this sound is good and deep, brings me back a little to the early 90’s in the 3track. that deep driving long winded base …In the clouds is the perfect title. Can’t wait to hear the rest of this series. Happy New Year 2011.