Well, the trees are nearly leafless here on the west coast of Canada and the days are short, dreary and rainy. I had to dig through my closet for some layers. A warm coat, a scarf a sweater. For some reason I love this time of year. I don't mind the cold. And I might secretly like to have an excuse to stay inside sometimes.
I've put together a trio of shorter mixes using tracks that I've been listening to a lot lately. There are a range of moods, but all three mixes are similar in tone. There is a spooky mood that arrives with the autumn fog. I feel drawn in and explosive at the same time--more stripped down and yet buried under so many layers.
Part One takes off on a runway made of pins and needles.
- Caribou "Jamelia" (DJ Koze's Alarmclock Remix)
- The XX "VCR" (Four Tet Remix)
- Maya Jane Coles "Don't Tell Me"
- SP "Never Stop the Action"
- Kenton Slash Demon "Matter" (Runaway Remix)
- Aera "Elevator Pitch"
- DJ Kaos "Horny Morning Loop" (Till Von Sein and Aera Monday Morning Acid Dub)
- Tim Xavier and Insideout "Girl on Fire"
- Pantha Du Prince "Stick to My Side" (Efdemin Version)