It's officially Summer on the west coast of Canada and I'm looking forward to some of the best things about this time of year: comfortable company, barbecue smoke, cloud watching, a warm breeze, colourful flowers, trails of baby ducks... I enjoy these things and cherish them but as I'm stretched out on the sand, tying up the hammock or making a miraculous frisbee catch I am amazed at how such lightness is pressed up so closely with heaviness: the rocks at the breakwater, the entire beach of sand, the sun and the earth itself. How a weightless glint of sunshine can dance on the ocean.
This mix is all about the lighter things. It's more a pound of feathers than a pound of lead, if you catch my drift, and is inspired by how a good laugh can sometimes change everything.
- Fred Falke "909 PM At The Beach"
- Anoraak "Nightdrive With You"
- Cut Copy "Hearts On Fire" (Knightlife Remix)
- Pryda "Melo"
- Calvin Harris "I'm Not Alone" (Deadmau5 Remix)
- Guy J "Shaman"
- Sebastien Leger "Majestic"
- The Bobbleheads "Everybody's Doin' It" (Deepswing's Hollywood Groove)
- Spencer Parker "The Girls In Pink"
- Pryda "Lift"
- Friendly Fires "Skeleton Boy" (Air France Remix)
- Louis La Roche "Peach"
- MMMatthias "James"
- Sebastien Leger "Majuro"
- Shonky "Coco Feel and Love Shonk"
- Alex Q "Mejis"
- Kleerup "Until We Bleed" with Lykke Li
- Lifelike "Sequencer"
- La Roux "In 4 The Kill" (Heartbreak Remix)
- Popnoname "Touch" (The Field Remix)