One of my favorite places to go when I lived in Vancouver was Third Beach. On a hot summer day you can lay on the sand and watch the float planes breeze by overhead and go for a dip in the ocean to cool off. I spent many hours sipping beer and watching the boats in the harbour and looking way off at the North Shore Mountains, every once in a while taking in a deep breath and wishing time could stop for a while.
This is something of a Lifelike tribute mix. I think that Lifelike is the best remixer of 2008 (so far) and his tracks are perfect for summer. Here are my favorite Lifelike tracks and a few songs that have a similar vibe in a fifty minute mix that’s just perfect for beach ghetto blaster action this season.
- Cazals “Somebody Somewhere” (Lifelike Remix)
- DK7 “Fashion Feelings” (Lifelike Remix)
- Lykke Li “I’m Good, I’m Gone” (Fred Falke Mix)
- Does it Offend You, Yeah? “Epic Last Song” (Lifelike Remix)
- Heartache “Don’t Stop” (Lifelike Remix)
- Kleerup “Hero”
- Eedio “Dum Di La”
- Cut Copy “Hearts On Fire” (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)
- Felix Da Housecat and Kris Menace “Artificial”
- Numatic “In the Morning” (Lifelike Remix)
- Anoraak “The Wizzard”
- Nathan Fake “You Are Here” (Four Tet Remix)
HEY DJ. Thanks for the new mix. I’ve been dwnlding your mixes lately and me liking them. I listen to it while riding my fixxie around town. Keeps spinning hard.
Happy summer (if it ever gets here) ha.
Fantastic mix, Jim… fills the apartment with hope for sunnier, non-Vancouver-gray days! :^D
Damn… after 6 hours of Jim Rebel I am ruined for every other experience. :^.