One of my favorite places to go when I lived in Vancouver was Third Beach. On a hot summer day you can lay on the sand and watch the float planes breeze by overhead and go for a dip in the ocean to cool off. I spent many hours sipping beer and watching the boats in the harbour and looking way off at the North Shore Mountains, every once in a while taking in a deep breath and wishing time could stop for a while.
This is something of a Lifelike tribute mix. I think that Lifelike is the best remixer of 2008 (so far) and his tracks are perfect for summer. Here are my favorite Lifelike tracks and a few songs that have a similar vibe in a fifty minute mix that's just perfect for beach ghetto blaster action this season.
- Cazals "Somebody Somewhere" (Lifelike Remix)
- DK7 "Fashion Feelings" (Lifelike Remix)
- Lykke Li "I'm Good, I'm Gone" (Fred Falke Mix)
- Does it Offend You, Yeah? "Epic Last Song" (Lifelike Remix)
- Heartache "Don't Stop" (Lifelike Remix)
- Kleerup "Hero"
- Eedio "Dum Di La"
- Cut Copy "Hearts On Fire" (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)
- Felix Da Housecat and Kris Menace "Artificial"
- Numatic "In the Morning" (Lifelike Remix)
- Anoraak "The Wizzard"
- Nathan Fake "You Are Here" (Four Tet Remix)